Friday, June 11, 2010

possible radio silence

That is not the title of a hipster novel I just read! I have many books to blog about, including The Gospel According To Coco Chanel and other artefacts of faultless highbrow taste, but I am blogging the World Cup over at IBN Live and at Treasons, Stratagems and Spoils, my footie blog. I'm also taking driving lessons, trying to keep my job, and generally staving off the decay of the flesh. So the volume here may be turned down over the next few weeks. In the meanwhile, I will be re-reading some Wodehouse and the Odyssey.

If anyone has other suggestions for frivolous commute reading I welcome them.

MY GROWING REVIEW LIST OH SHIT

Split
The Demon's Lexicon
Leela: A Patchwork Life
Following Fish
Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Skim
Sex and Stravinsky
The Gospel According to CoCo Chanel
The Imperfectionists
Of Love and Politics
Behind the Curtain
Summerland
A R Rahman: The Musical Storm
Does My Head Look Big In This?

3 comments:

  1. Charles Kuralt's America.

    Not frivolous, enjoyable nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:15 am

    Has this book been reviewed here? Haven't searched, but thought you might be interested:

    http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780143106098,00.html?Celestina_Fernando_de_Rojas

    ReplyDelete