Tuesday, June 26, 2007

does he makeit up as he goes along?

Someone on a social networking site that shall go unnamed insisted on calling Disney's favourite pirate 'Caption Jack Sparrow,' in complete innocence of the implications.



---

"You look somehow familiar... Have I threatened you before?"

Jack : "Why is the rum gone?"
Elizabeth : "One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it?"
Jack : "But why is all the rum gone?"

"He was actually telling the truth!"
"I do that quite a lot. You people are always surprised."

"Nobody move! I've lost my brain!"

"Permit me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket."

"You look somehow familiar. Have I threatened you before?"

"Nobody move! I've lost my brain."

----

No, really, don't even bother, I know 3 was really bad, I watched it last Saturday. But let's not even try and underestimate the power of the Depp. As with Baldrick's trousers, nothing good may ever come of it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear :| was it? really? I'm planning to go see tonight :-<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly any of it takes place on land, which should suit you just fine. :) I would have enjoyed it if it hadn't gone all over the place the way it did [you'll know what I mean when you stumble out of the film, I promise] - but le Depp is worth all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally felt that 3 was substantially better than 2, in part because they had Barbossa back. Although le Depp is definitely amazing as Sparrow, I maintain that a lot of what made the first one fantastic was the foil to Depp's Sparrow that Rush provided with his over-the-top pirate impersonation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D :D maybe it's just me sea legs, but no stumbling at all :D but yes I do get it about going all over the place. but it's a Pirates movie mate, it wouldn't do to have it any other way :D

    ReplyDelete