Monday, December 18, 2006

hollywood is strange

Last weekend I watched Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List.

This weekend I watched Liam Neeson in Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and Ralph Fiennes in Maid in Manhattan.*

Apart from which, everyone please take note of the amazing adventures of Vivek, whose production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame swept up awards, glory and a wild and delighted audience at Thespo last night. That's all the awards, incidentally, including one for Best Actor Warren. As people other than Ali G would say, respect.

* Yes, totally seen it before, watched it in bits yet again just to see how much I could endure. Besides, I and Flatmate #2, both passionate worshippers of teh_cheez, are going to watch Baabul tonight.

NB: I write this as India is on the brink of a test victory in South Africa. For posterity, like, I inscribe this, although as I and all of India knows the story we are telling each other tomorrow morning may have no bearing on the events of yesterday. I submit, for the record: wha-hey!

NB2: Possibly absolutely senseless to everyone reading this blog, but Gilaaaaaaaaa!


Oh, thank frick for the boy.

2 comments:

  1. So how was Baabul? snigger...
    and Maid in Manhattan....I sat through it only for Fiennes boy.

    Btw, you have to visit Italy. It is wonderful! And I saw Cannas Nike posters around.
    Better still I saw this guy today who looked like a taller and cuter version of Fabio...i kid you not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, don't make me tell you. I thought I'd write about it, but I'm tryiong really hard to forget it.

    And gee, thanks, I've never really thought about visiting Italy! :p My friend was in Milan the other day and she texted me to say that the international airport is apparently lined with humungous posters of Paolo Maldini. Good food, good football, gorgeous menfolk and Vespas - who would not want a one-way ticket to this place?

    ReplyDelete