Monday, May 01, 2006

bringing all the boys to the yard

I spent this weekend moving into our new apartment. Not much to say, except that we have congenial neighbours and rooms of our own. It is also a very hard place whence to hail an autorickshaw. My first attempts to learn to ride a bicycle ended in disaster (I crashed into an old gentleman. He had to be paid.) but I was almost serious yesterday when toying with the idea of learning to ride one and then buying one to cruise the roads of Hyderabad. Then I gave up on it, because these are the roads of Hyderabad. I may not crash into old gentlemen anymore, but old gentlemen will certainly crash into me. So will young gentlemen, non-gentlemen, and women. And children without licenses taking automobilic liberties. Only last night, the rickshaw driver who dropped us to a restaurant asked me to get my leg out of the way of his rickshaw – after I had yelped at him for running over it.


One of the landmarks on the way to our new home is ____ Dairy Farm.

____ Dairy Farm has a motto.

Their motto is as follows.

“FOR US, MILK IS JUST A HOBBY.”


And with that, I leave you.

current musix: nina simone: sinnerman

12 comments:

  1. *howling with laughter*
    so, you going to encourage their hobby then ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. * laughing helplessly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cow fetishists!

    My dad apparently is a member of some science society in Hyderabad, I shall go with him someday and WE SHALL MEET UP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh! how I miss good old crowded Hyd :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. *grins*

    so are you coming to bangalore to meet me?
    i've told kaushu about it too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. then what would milking be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ kk: No, I've switched to black tea.

    @ ish: OMGZ YES PLZ.

    @ golu: Maybe we should exchange nostalgia(e? s?).

    @ kate: I doubt it - but you're honour bound to bring me tee-shirts!

    @ imhunt: I dunno. I'm afraid to consider the possibility. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. lakesidey1:44 pm

    In case you reconsider about Bangalore anytime in the next two months, meet me as well.

    What else is up?

    ~lakesidey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ... Me in Austria these days for some conference. The place next to me has a board that reads "Roswitha !@#!$%(something in german) ". Mebbe will get a snap of the board for u :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! new apartment finally! :) Hyd does sound like a fun place to have a bike in tho! like a risky adventure sport :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:43 pm

    no posts?

    write one sometime like what vikster did just now.

    -random anon.

    ReplyDelete