Friday, December 23, 2005

a celebration of holiday spirit.

Shloka: I ogled an unsuitable man a while back.
I: Sigh.
I: I have met no men.
I: Or women.
Shloka: Oho.
I: I've even broken up with my imaginary boyfriend.
I: He was just getting to be a pain in the neck.
Shloka: Aiyyo. What was his name?
I: I don't know. See, that was the irritating thing.
Shloka: Mine would be called Sebastian. I love people called Sebastian.
I: There's no hope for a relationship with a man who doesn't have a name.
Shloka: ... I love me some Sebaschunnnnn.

---

Emily: Happy Christmas Supriya, if that's not a terribly colonialist and Euro-centric greeting. *cuddles*
I: No, it's great. I miss Jesus. Happy Christmas. *cuddles back*
Emily: Thanks. Why is the world paining you?
I: It is being cheerful and happy.
Emily: I miss Jesus too.
Supriya: Do you suppose he was musical?
Emily: I think so. Probably got it from his father.
Emily: Gods tend to be musical, don't they.
I: Jesus isn't god. He's the son of god. Unless you're a heretic.
I: I thought his father was Gabriel.
Gabriel: *is shocked to hear he has sired a child out of wedlock*
Emily: I thought Jesus was a god and it's the unitarian heretics who thought he was only the son of god.
I: :O
Emily: ... but you know I'm an athiest.
Emily: And I think I need to hibernate in the winter months.
I: Like a little lamb.
Emily: Little lambs are fetal in the winter months.
I: *know woefully little about animal reproductive cycles*
Emily: BUT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ENGLAND.
I: I KNOW. ELTON'S MARRIED.
Emily and I: *celebrate festivus anyway*

current musix: janis joplin - cry, baby

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 pm

    Yay! I got a Seinfeld sign off. A Festivus for the rest of us!.

    Love,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whee. Sebastian now exists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus = God, God made man, in fact. The Holy Ghost definitely fits in too; that whole Trinity thing.

    I miss youuuu and happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ em: We'll always have snark.

    @ sv: Sebastian! Keep listening to J. Sebastian Bach. Lindsey might even be able to write another one for you.

    @ lindsey: I was thinking of something Deborah once said when she was talking of, um, the patripassion? Which is a heretcal belief that got himself suffered on the cross? But the fact that the trinity is one is de rigeur and not a crazy sectarian idea? I think this is gradually becoming clearer!

    I miss you too, please get on the cases of respective people and have a great Christmas and great everything. Willa says hi to Regulus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you getting here?
    and what are we doing on New Year's Eve? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel everybody needs to hibernate in winters.

    ReplyDelete